Important note: sign-up for Health & Applied Technology (GT) students use Bisoncode: L.26613
Important note: sign-up for Nursing (VPK) students use Bisoncode: L.26626
Important note: sign-up for Mechatronics (MT) students use Bisoncode: L.26619
* The client of this project will attend the Preview on Thursday 28th of November from 13:30 to 16:00 at Saxion Enschede (Ariënsplein 1).
‘Autism is characterized by difficulties in social interaction and communication and a restricted and repetitive repertoire of interests and activities’ (WHO, 2019).
At Stichting De Kern robot Pepper assists professionals in the treatment of children with autism. However, professionals and management feel that the full potential of Pepper has not been reached. In this project you will work together with parents (if possible children), professionals and a researcher of Saxion to improve care for children with autism. The project is focused on answering (one or more) of the following questions:
- How do professionals use Pepper at this moment? What are successes and failures?
- How is Pepper perceived by parents and their children?
- Analyse if Pepper meets the user requirements (i.e. clients and (in)formal caregivers), report why and how and/or give reccomendations regarding additional technologies?
- How can we improve care by optimizing the use of Pepper? For example:
- By visiting other organizations that use Pepper and implementing their best practices at De Kern.
- Ideas of students themselves
- The ideas will first be discussed with parents, professionals and/or researchers.
Will you help us to innovate care for children with autism?
Required study programs:
Nursing (VPK): Perspective of the end users: children, their parents and professionals
Health & Applied Technology (GT): Bridge the gap between care and technology
Mechatronics (MT): How to use robotics in another context
Location: Students are free to decide where they are going to work. However, we expect students to include parents (if possible: children) and staff members in the development and evaluation process. This means that some projecttime has to be spend at “De Kern” location Deventer.Sign up now
Questions about this project?
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this project. You can call us at 088 - 019 53 11 or use the form below. We wil get back to you within two business days.