Apprenticeship internships for High Potentials from Uganda
Bison code: L.28216
The Netherlands Alumni Association of Uganda is developing an internship program for highly educated Ugandan students and employees, aimed at developing practical (management) skills for companies in the agricultural supply chain. The participants in this program come to the Netherlands for a period of 4 – 8 months.
The companies suitable for internships are active in the following fields of activity:
- Agriculture and animal husbandry
- Food processing industry
- Seed development and improvement of cultivation processes
- Making horticulture and arable farming more sustainable
- Agricultural engineering in the field of irrigation, mechanization and maintenance
- Knowledge of logistics and packaging methods aimed at the direct improvement of the supply chain.
- For the implementation of this programme, the following project activities apply:
- Making an inventory of the interest of Dutch companies in offering internships for English-speaking candidates with a completed education at HBO or University level.
- Develop marketing tools, such as developing a website that NAAU can use for recruiting internships.
- Inventory of housing options in various places in the Netherlands.
- Inventory of internship demand of students who study in the Netherlands and opt for a longer stay in the Netherlands by carrying out an internship.
- Inventory of the wishes of potential participants, so that there is support for the internship.
The aim is to mediate a group of 20 employees/students every year.
Our question for you is: What possibilities are there for practical internships in the agri supply chain for English-speaking students from Uganda, and how should the organizing organization define its business activities for the implementation of an annual programme?
Cluster: Future Jobs
This project contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):